Tuesday, September 4, 2007

How Deep Can Someone Sleep?

Tuesday's commute home wasn't unlike any other. Red Line to Quincy Center where The Mrs. and Baby G are either waiting (or usually running 15 minutes late). Today though, when I got out of the station I noticed a small army of cops hanging around a car about 4 cars away from the Batesymobile. Thankfully, The Mrs. witnessed quite a chaotic scene involving a locked car and a potential dead guy.

Apparently, this guy's significant other just completed her commute expecting to find her ride ready to screw. Upon reaching the car, this woman discovers her man unresponsive, locked inside the vehicle. After a few feeble attempts to rouse the driver, she goes bonkers and starts screaming for any cops in the area. Since it's Quincy Center T Station, about 25 of Quincy's finest rush to her aid. After inspecting the scene, the fuzz decide the BEST course of action is to surround the car and start rapping their batons on every window. When this is unsuccessful at awakening the man, the woman starts wailing about how the man is dead. Completely baffled as to how to deal with the situation, the officers were rescued by a man parked next to The Mrs. who apparently never leaves home without his trusty hammer.

My initial thought was that these guys probably bashed the driver's side window, assuming that this stiff won't feel a thing. Smartly they broke a passenger side window, which to their surprise woke this gentleman right up. The guy was ALIVE!?!?!

Now I consider myself a pretty deep sleeper, but can this be for real? I mean, this dude had to been overdosing on some cheap Quincy heroin or downed a bottle of NyQuil (which essentially is the same thing). I guess some dudes just love their REM sleep. I'll never doubt one of those insane college photos of some idiot so blacked-out that all his "friends" have covered him in makeup, tampons and Sharpie written "I am gay" signs. I wonder if his car insurance has oversleeping coverage? This reminds me of one of my favorite Monty Python scenes!!!

No comments: