Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm Cool With It

Do we REALLY care if Tom Brady is a Yankee's fan? Once again he is caught in NYC wearing a Yankee's lid and it seems to be big news. I'd like to make some lame excuse like that he only wears the hat so he doesn't get shit on by every New Yorker he saunters by. Unfortunately, he's publicly said that he's a Yankee's fan, but to be honest, I could care less. I could care less that he knocked up the chick from "Coyote Ugly", dumped her ass to bang Gisele, wears Movado watches or even supports G-Dub's political policies. All I want out of Tom Brady are bombs to Randy Moss, perfect out-passes to Wes Welker for 1st downs and the leadership qualities we've all come to know and love. I used to refuse to even consider purchasing a Brady jersey, because I hate bandwagons. That held true until 10/30/06, when a Minnesota Vikings team and their staunch defense was going to force Brady to win with his "sub par" receivers. Brady went out like this - 372 yards and 4 TD's for a Patriots 31-7 win. I sat alone in my living room that day, 8 Twisted Teas deep, and proclaimed OUT LOUD that I would wear a Brady jersey proudly...if I actually had the money to afford one. I believe Brady had a moment similar that involved the Yankees minus the Teas, so if he's proud to represent then let him represent. Instead of seeing this as a irresponsible lack of judgement, why don't we just let this one go? There is really only one logo we care about on top of that head and despite what we like to believe around here, Tom Brady is only human.

No comments: