Friday, July 6, 2007

4th of July Parfait Adventure

For The Mrs. 30th birthday, I decided a refreshing 4th of July Parfait would the perfect accompaniment to hockey-puck burgers and hot-beef injections. Determined to make the 4th of July Parfait as fresh as possible, I didn't need much motivation.

After a brief jaunt down Route 18, I found myself at C.N. Smith Farm located in East Bridgewater (http://www.cnsmithfarminc.com/). Since this was the final day of strawberry picking, I knew selection was going to be sparse. After a tutorial from the sister's, cousin's, second-niece's, aunt's daughter on proper strawberry picking technique, I hit the open field.
After about an hour and a half, I had collected roughly 7 pounds of strawberries. This was MORE than enough to make my 4th of July Parfait. My only concern now was TICKS! I figured that I came in contact with hundreds of creepy crawlies while strawberry hunting. If I were to get bit by a radioactive spider, that's one thing, but Lyme Disease??? Hell No! As I emerged from the strawberry fields, I started to notice something creeping on my back - OH NO:

Whew...it's only Baby G! You're hero lives another day...until blueberry season opens in two weeks!

1 comment:

A Boston Bride said...

Ha! Love the pic of Aim. How do you add comment clouds to the pic???