Monday, June 25, 2007

I Hate Crocs (and Croc Facsimiles)



When I first started noticing overweight, middle-aged woman waddling around the city in these poor excuses for footwear I thought it was a brilliant marketing idea. They were the perfect accessory to the woman who could care less about their appearance and needed the rubbery forgiveness for their overly calloused hooves. I figured that this "fad" would never get beyond the target audience and just fade into the unknown.

That was then and now I bet that you couldn't throw a Pet Rock and not be able to hit someone who owns a pair of these things. Do we honestly not believe that this fashion trend will not go down as one of the most cringe-worthy staples of 2006/2007? I don't care how comfortable you are led to believe they are...they are hideous and it doesn't matter what color of the rainbow you own. This is not my problem with Crocs (and Croc Facsimiles)...

Ever since The Mrs. bought herself and Baby G. a pair of these things, I've figured out that they are not footwear, but death-traps. The Mrs. doesn't notice the dangers, because she's not 2 years old! In the last 6 months since Baby G. has worn Crocs, I can directly attribute every fall, cut, scrape, split-lip, tantrum and turned-ankle. Just yesterday Baby G. received all of the prior in one violent spill. There is NO ankle support for a child who only wants to run, climb and play, so why market it to young children. "Because they look so cute!" says The Mrs. Well, here is an artist's rendition of Baby G. after a "Crocident":


Parents - Stop torturing your kids! They'll look a helluva lot cuter without facial scars and missing teeth. For more information, please check out this related blog - http://crocsaccidents.blogspot.com/

No comments: