Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fall Film Preview!


I'm all for summer blockbuster. I love stuff blowing up as much as the next guy. The thing about Summer blockbusters though is that I can pretty much wait until they're out on DVD. There usually is no, "Holy crap I HAVE to pay $18 to see that movie!" The Fall, on the other hand, always seems to bring a handful of films that I'm willing to skip the gym and take an extended lunch-break to see. The Mrs. hates my taste is cinema and there's no way she's allowing me to go the movies on the weekend leaving her with the kids...No Way! Anywho, for those of you who are unaware of upcoming Fall films, here's a little preview of what to start saving your nickles for. You can also click each movie title to go their official site; trailers and other fun stuff.

1) Zombieland (October 2nd) - First off, Woody Harrelson is SO underrated. Cross "Natural Born Killers" with "Shaun of the Dead" and add a little Bill Murray as a zombie. Pure comedic, horror genius.

2) The Road (October 16th) - If you haven't read the book, I highly suggest it; the novel won the Pulitzer for fiction. Post-apocalyptic tale of a father and son traveling, surviving, trying to make sense of the "new" world...searching for hope.

3) Where The Wild Things Are (October 16th) - Beloved children's book. I'm more excited about taking The G to see this rather than Toy Story 1 and 2 (3D). Looks like Spike Jonze has really captured the essence of the book.

4) Boondock Saints 2 (November 1st) - Original cast and they've added Judd Nelson, Peter Fonda and extended scenes with Billy Connolly as the Father "Deuce" MacManus. Love that it's set in Boston. The red band trailer sealed the deal for me. Make sure you're over 18 before watching kids!


No comments: