Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm Back!

We'll thank Mr. Perrone for the inspiration. Bottom line is that I'm always complaining when someone else doesn't update their blog, yet it's been almost 2 years since I've updated mine. Well today I'm going to stop being a hypocrite...until the novelty wears off again.

Here's a quick rundown of the last (almost) two years. I owned a house, rented the house, lost the house...it happened, I feel shitty about it, I learned a valuable lesson about it: Don't make hasty decisions without REALLY considering consequences.

I got promoted at the firm! I'm fortunate to work in a positive environment, with positive people. I'd tell you about what I do, but right now I'm the only one who does it for all 13 offices and I like that type of job security. I'd tell you, you'd tell your friends and everyone would know how to do my job. Pretty soon I'd be replaced with a monkey. I have a secondary job - Tennessee's BBQ (in Braintree). True story, we've converted vegans back to carnivores...the food is THAT good!

I knocked up the Mrs...First try...My guys don't mess around...That's why I have to get fixed.


I can't be sad though, because the Mrs. and I welcomed Leo William on May 11th. I forget what generation I am, 12th, 14th (it's up there) and all thanks to yours truly we're keeping the B-Train rolling! The little guy has been added to the cast of characters, and shall now be a reoccurring blog feature. He's sleeping through the night, smiles, yells when he's hungry and is getting pretty good at dodging the G's flying knees, elbows, headbutts; among other things.



Other than that, all the Superfriends are intact. Some are homeowners, some are living together, some are engaged, some have new additions (dogs) and all doing their thing. Our lovely New England weather has put a damper on some social outings the summer usually provides, but hopefully we'll all get together soon...Beach anyone?



My goal is going to be a blog per day. Could be big, could be small, but it's better than nothing. I'm going to have to ask Mr. Perrone how he finagled a survey, because I've got loads of questions I'd like to get your opinions on. My hope is that everyone makes a point to check back daily to see what I conjure up. Let the good time roll!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Good stuff. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

You should post the shark video on FB (on the fan page for "not getting eaten by sharks": http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/not-being-eaten-by-sharks/71042078142?ref=ts)

Anonymous said...

Ha. "I like this baby" too! Cute video.