Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm Back...From Outta Space!

I know, I know Mr. Nits, it has been far too long (20 days to be exact), but now I'm back in business. In my blogging absence, I've been working diligently on my latest and possibly greatest endeavour - my 15 year high school reunion. What? You didn't know I was a class officer? I wasn't...I couldn't even get a date to the prom! So how does yours truly go from just another face in the high school crowd to savior of the Thanksgiving reunion tradition? Easy...two kids lights a fire under your ass to seize ANY opportunity for a night out.

Despite my infinite confidence, planning an event of such magnitude felt a little much to take on solo. Thankfully, my partner Mr. Gill was more than willing and able to lend a hand. Together we forged a union I passionately refer to as...

That's actually not true...but it should be. So together Mr. Gill and I started the process of reaching out to as many Class of 1994 folk as possible. What better outlet than Facebook, right? The plan was foolproof until I realized that Facebook has some crazy anti-creepy-stalker-person security that basically put my account on lock down. The other stumbling block were the peeps who kept rejecting my "friend requests". Come on...we graduated together and even though we never spoke a syllable in high school, we're practically 4th cousins-twice removed.


Next on the agenda was the location. Since my crib's capacity is only about 7, we needed to find a larger venue. Enter Hajjar's which, unbeknownst to me, has a secret function hall that hold 250 people. How this fact eluded me for the past 12 years since I've been frequenting this establishment will forever be a mystery. Next, we needed some entertainment...besides the expected antics of some reunion attendees. Lucky for us, my favorite tattoo artist also moonlights as a DJ. The easier this reunion became to plan, the more confident Mr. Gill and I got. Why don't we call in some favors and get some prizes to raffle away? Boom...we got hooked up from Bruins tickets to Tennessee BBQ gift certificates (obviously!). How are we going to document all the shenanigans? Wham...Group Photo Booth (courtesy of my bro-in-law) that's how!


So in the span of about 20 days or so, we've created an event which will probably go down as the highlight of 2009. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if some celebrities tried to get past the velvet rope. So here we go, the reunion is three days from now and everything is on cruise control. Alls I's gots to do is bring it on Friday, and with my hot wife in tow that shouldn't be a problem. My only worry is alcohol-induced hooliganism and unfortunately The Mrs refuses to be Head of Security...a title I honestly thought she would embrace. So, my faith will reside in the Spirit of High School Reunions and everyone will have a wonderful time, drive home safe and dream about one of the best nights of their entire lives. Hey, THIS guy can dream, can't he???



DISCLAIMER:

1 comment:

Sharon Bean said...

that right there is overstuffed with WIN, yo!